Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 24, 2010



A Prejudice Act



Prejudging something before actually know anything about the subject is what we do instinctively. As the human race, we cannot deny that, I feel. All of my life I have always wanted to know the answer to something, whether it be cheat codes to a video game or why this chick does not like me. Hah! The act of prejudging determines your answer before you have ever been involved with it. Many people now-a-days already have an answer at the tip of their tongue in seconds before they develop the story behind it. It shoots out of people's mouthes before we even know how to assess it! How does that make you feel when people do that about the clothes you wear? How does it make you feel when they do that about the people you associate with? How does it make you feel that some of the closest people to you, do that very same thing... when it comes to your beliefs?

When I was in middle school I noticed many students that I went with display a lot of prejudice. Myself included. I noticed it when I was in grade school too. That to me is very sad. At the age of innocence, whether that be 0 on your life line up to however you feel the age of innocence stops, it is pure. Where did we learn all of this negative talk from? I have not a clue as to where it might have came from. I could tell you I feel it comes from how we were raised. Depending on the social status we grew up around, we will end up thinking on the highest level of what was taught to us. In this day and age, who is to say what is right or wrong considering we have more sorrow verses happiness? It seems like a lot of the people that "run the show" have more of their ideals input into our heads, whether we like it or not. We just adapt to it ever-so easily.

The negative talk never affected me when I was younger. I did not know to the degree of what it meant to others, I was on the other side of the spectrum of course. I was a part of it like I mentioned earlier. Now, I cannot stand when someone says something of that nature. It makes me feel like they hold themselves to a higher stature, when in actuality, it means dick in life. It is just another excuse for someone not understanding the story behind it, only because they are not used to the general idea. I hear people ALL the time say, "It's not that I don't like black people, I just hate niggers." OR "It's not that I don't like gay people, I just hate fags." Does this make any sort of sense to you??? If it does make sense, then I do not know how long it is going to take your brain to break through with clearer logic. You are a fool to say there is a difference.

I had to do a project for my sociology class a couple years ago pertaining to this subject. What we had to do was think of a way the lessen the racist or prejudice ways either from within ourselves or within others. We had to write out what we were going to do in order to bring change for the situation. I never ended up doing this. To me it is very upsetting that it took this long to understand why some of these things need to get done. If we do not learn to ignore the ways we use this negative talk, then we will never persevere through this perpetual discrimatory nation. Once we have ignored it, we will then bring the use of it to a hault. It is as easy as that! Isn't it? Well, you can decide for yourself. Try one day, for those of you that do take part in this discrimination, to not say anything negative of the sort. TRY to NOT laugh when someone makes a damn joke about it. Try to not ask, "Was he white?", "Was he black?", "Was he Mexican?" "Was he gay?". Then stop saying, "Of course" or "Duh" afterwards. The only thing you're doing is creating a barrier between "races". We should have never even created that word. We are all human and that is the only thing that we need to know.

I typed in google one day, "Percentage of ...". I found that most topics people with the internet are concerned with from top to bottom are, "Percentage of Blacks in america, % of students with college degrees, % of obese americans, % of homosexuals in america, % of christians in america." Why are we concerned with all of these topics? Do you really care how many of each of those labels are in the US? I'm not ruling out the fact that those could have been results based on research for studies... But why are we studying that in the first place??? That I guess isn't the question we are trying to focus on really, it's just another thing that bothers me. The main thing here that we are looking at, and should be concerned with, is that many people think that "their" race is the number one. What happens if we keep looking out for number one??? NOTHING HAPPENS! We fail. We need to work together on the lives we lead and the "problems" we endure. If we cannot bring it to a togetherness, then we will suffer with a great divide.

Since we decided to put lines down on a picture of our Land, then we need to start drawing lines on the negative ways in which we think. Divide, conqure and release the negative thoughts into a new light. For we are the only ones who can create a more positive lifestyle. Our current is based on it and our future will be based on how we raise it as well. If we do not start soon, it will manifest into a terrible disease that we cannot cure. Please, do your part and donate your positive thoughts to others. Make them feel your good vibes. It is all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment